Rocking music, extreme sports, sensational cook-offs and unmissable beach fun has just hit KwaDukuza with the arrival of the much-anticipated Ballito Pro, presented by Billabong, running from 27 June to 9 July.
“KwaDukuza has once again provided the perfect backdrop to a welcoming winter festival and we’re looking forward to some really fantastic two-week beach-based entertainment,” said event organiser, Collette Bundy.
This year marks the 49th anniversary of the first South African East Coast surfing contest which gradually evolved into one of the country’s best holiday festivals. Based around the longest-running professional surfing contest, the Ballito Pro also offers holiday-goers and residents an impressive programme of unmatched entertainment.
This year’s festival entertainment includes:
- Top South African musical acts will perform at the Cadbury Five Star Ballito Pro Music Concerts Powered by 5FM taking over the Salt Rock beach stage on Thursday 6 and Friday 7 July. The concerts will showcase the likes of December Streets, Matthew Mole, Kwesta, Snapbvck, Kyle Cassim, Desmond & the Tutus, PH and DJ Lloyd.
- After Dark Parties will take over Ballito’s biggest nightlife venue, Crush Nightclub, where two dance floors will host some of the country’s hottest DJs.
- Partygoers will get a taste of upcoming talent at the Battle of the DJs also taking place at Crush Nightclub.
- Extreme motorcycleentertainment will be performed by world-ranked motorcyclists, Bruce and Brent le Riche, sponsored by Monster Energy Drink, at the Willard Beach Extreme Sports’ zone.
- Also ramping it up at the Willard Beach Extreme Sports’ zone will be South African skate legend, Khule Nubange, who is set to demonstrate some dry land board action.
- Serving up a hearty meal of excitement is the Night of Food & Wine taking place at the main festival area at Willard Beach on Tuesday, 4 and Wednesday 5 July. The Freak Shake and Shisa Nyama Cooking Competitions will reveal hidden talents while professionals in the industry will also be given the opportunity to prove their worth at the Celebrity Cook-off. Fashion shows, wine tastings, craft beer and cocktails will also keep the audience entertained.
- The Retail Delight will feature an abundance of quality arts and crafts, various exhibitions and retail stalls. Visitors can also grab a bite to eat at the food court, or a refreshing drink at the cider garden.
- There will be non-stop Beach Action fun at the Coca Cola Football Arena with daily beach soccer entertainment.
- The Willard Beach’s Kids’ Corner will keep kids amused with face painting, water balls, sandcastle-building contests and other fun activities.
- Committed to the rehabilitation of the ocean, festival organisers have brought back the successful Save the Waves Campaign, sponsored by Dolphin Coast Waste Management. Visitors are encouraged to support the cause by using the recycling stations across the festival venue.
Be part of the fun at The Ballito Pro, presented by Billabong, happening at venues around KwaDukuza from 27 June to 9 July.